Saturday, May 17, 2008

Queens

It has been awhile since I updated this blog. We didn't take many pictures in April I guess. Anyway, I have changed that so want to share some recent events.
At the May 2nd square dance, Marlys was crowned queen of the club. She is pictured with other former queens. The theme of the dance was Under the Big Top, so there were several clever costumes and many people had their faces painted.


Last week, our youngest granddaughter turned two! Gen's picnic party was canceled because of a rainy, cold day so we had a birthday supper last night at Culver's. Here is Gen in her pink hat.


Today was the Mother Daughter Brunch at church. My granddaughter, Rajah who is almost six attended. As she so aptly introduced her mother, "I'm the daughter and she is the mother." Rajah is pretty in pink too.


The speaker was the current Queen of the Lakes, Charissa Pederson. So Rajah got a picture taken with her. Then when we got home, she had a picture with the square dance queen and realized that she really is a princess. She knew that all along.


No comments: